Feeling a little lost? Maybe just a tad bit stuck? Do you need ideas on what to do next?
Steven Covey's time management matrix is a prioritization tool to maximize success.
Quadrant 2 deals with areas of planning for things that are important, but not urgent. Activities in this quadrant are for personal and professional development where you focus on your long-term goals. Generally, they are action items that people procrastinate on because of the urgency of other tasks or general distractions.
Related article: Why are you wasting your time? The 80/20 Rule
Examples of Quadrant 2 activities:
- Reading a professional development or self-help book
- Attending a class, seminar, or workshop to improve your skills
- ie. SEO basics, writing course, improv class, marketing webinar, etc.
- Strengthening your network by spending quality time connecting with other bloggers, mentors, or creatives
- Meditation or gratitude journaling
- Brainstorming content for the next few months
- Sitting down to write a document/ebook when there is no looming deadline
- Enhancing your sales funnel
- Reviewing your strategic vision and annual goals; evaluating your progress using analytics
- Finalizing and publishing a blog post that has been sitting in your draft pile for too long
- Submitting your work to calls for submissions
- Asking for feedback about your blog and how to improve
- Pitching a guest post on a complimentary website/blog
Although this post is focused on bloggers, the content is transferable. Good luck with your action list!
If you have more recommendations, please share them below.